So, you’ve just got a new German Rottweiler puppy and are now looking to find the right name for it. There are many popular rottweiler dog names and various ways through which you can go about it.
Most pet parents choose dog names to reflect the nature of their dog. If you were to do the same, then you’ll want to consider tough rottweiler names. After all, if there is any dog breed in this world that is known for its ferocity and protectiveness then it is the German rottweiler.
But you don’t have to go this way. You can also choose rottweiler names based on their quirky personality or even ironic names that are exactly opposite of what you would expect a rottweiler to be.
Then, of course, you can choose to name your dog something right out of the movies or video games simply because you’re a fan.
Whatever your preference may be, we’ve got you covered with 222 different rottweiler names across multiple themes including movies, space, cute, historical figures, animal kingdom, etc.
Let’s start with the basics, though. We’ll begin with male rottweiler names and female rottweiler names.
Male Rottweiler Names
Look at this section if you want simple boy names for your darling rottweiler puppy. Most of these names have nothing to do with the personality of your rottweiler or dogs in general. They’re just male names that will fit a newborn human baby boy just as well as a rottweiler baby boy.
- Bentley – This one is great if you’re a car fan.
- Bubba – You can shorten this to Bub like the Wolverine does in the X-Men movies.
- Cooper – No, this doesn’t mean that your puppy will start making barrels. That only happened in the Middle Ages. He might start doing barrel rolls in your bed, though.
- Jackson – It’s easy to shorten this name to Jack.
- Samson – This is particularly a good name because it suits the Rottweiler’s strength. It’s also a great choice if he’s hairy.
Female Rottweiler Names
If your rottweiler is female, refer to this list. There’s also a sense of irony in these names because rottweilers are not effeminate at all, even if they’re biologically ladies.
- Bella – If you think your rottie is a beauty.
- Darling – This is a name and a sweet nothing, all in one word.
- Lucy – If you give your pup this name, you can come home every day and say, “Lucy, I’m home!”
- Sadie – Choose this name if you’re a huge The Beatles fan. You can sing the song from The White Album too if you want.
- Stella – This word is a Rottweiler name and a compliment at the same time!
History Rottweiler Names
Historical figures are a great inspiration for rottweiler dog names. There were a lot of warriors, strongmen, and great men in human history. Take your pick.
- Adolph – Forget Hitler. This is a German name that means “noble” or “wolf”. Doesn’t this also make this one of the better male rottweiler names?
- Alexander – The Great. The nickname will be Alex.
- Brutus – The word brutal is derived from this Latin word which means “typical of beasts”. It was also the name of one of the most famous assassins of Julius Caesar of the Roman Empire. This one qualifies for both categories, historical and tough rottweiler names.
- Caesar – Ditch Brutus and go mainstream with Caesar. After all, rottweilers were first discovered by the Roman army moving through the German town of Rottweil. Besides, Caesar was a leader. Just like your pup will be.
- Columbus – If your rottweiler is an explorer, then this name will fit him perfectly.
- Einstein – Has your pup shown the smarts early? Choose to call him Einstein. Go creative by calling him Finestein!
Animal Rottweiler Names
Rottweilers are big, strong, and often boisterous. They share these qualities with many wild animals. As a result, there are some great rottweiler names in this section.
- Bear – Giant bears and their bear hugs. This is an ideal name for the cuddly nature of rottweilers.
- Pride – Not many rottweiler names will show your inner feelings for your pup while referring to the strength of lions at the same time.
- Wolf – Dogs did descend from wolves, you know. Looking at their ferocity, rottweilers are more wolf than many other dog breeds.
God Rottweiler Names
Like historical figures, gods also denote many positive personality traits. Besides, there’s a certain majesty in a dog that shares a name with a god.
- Aries – Aries is the god of courage and war from ancient Greece. These are qualities that fit the fierce rottweiler.
- Hercules – Your pup will grow into this name. All rottweilers will since they’re big, strong, and burly.
- Loki – The perfect name for the naughty puppy that is going to become a mischievous giant of a dog.
- Xena – We could have put this one in the section for female rottweiler names but we felt it fit this category better.
Cool Rottweiler Names
You don’t have to go with ferocity, toughness, or even majesty when choosing a name. You can be cool too. Your rottweiler will certainly be:
- Gangsta – Imagine your friends are over and you say, “Gangsta, come ‘ere and show your fangsta!”
- Shadow – If you plan on training your rottweiler and ensuring that he is obedient, choose this name. He’s going to be your shadow, isn’t he?
- Wags – You know he’ll wag his tail when you come home. Why not call him wags?
Cute Rottweiler Names
No one ever thinks that rottweilers are cute. Except, their mommies and daddies. Let everyone know how cute your rottweiler is and turn their name into a great coffee table topic.
- Chewbacca – Choose this if you are a Star Wars fan because Chewbacca was cute. You can also shorten this to Chewy if your dog develops a liking for your slippers.
- Cuddles – Most rottweiler parents will tell you that this dog breed likes a good cuddle.
- Hugsy – Cuddles also mean hugs. So…
- Teddy – Teddy bears do cuddles and hugs too!
- Tickles – Their whiskers tickle, don’t they?
Speed Rottweiler Names
Rottweilers are physical creatures. Speed is a physical thing. The two can go very well together if given a chance.
- Nitro – Power and speed. This one is great for parents who love cars as much as their rotties.
Tough Rottweiler Names
Rottweilers are tough. There’s no disputing that fact. So, these names will fit your dog hand in glove.
- Fang – We personally like this name a lot. It will appeal to fantasy fans too.
- Monster – Face it, he’s a monster. Your favourite monster but a monster nonetheless.
- Tank – Built like a tank. Barks like a tank. Let there be a Tank.
Movie Rottweiler Names
Movies can be a great source of awesome rottweiler names. Just see what we’ve collected for you.
- Bane – Bane in the Dark Knight Rises had a snout. So, does your rottweiler.
- Bond –
- Hagrid – Are you a Harry Potter fan? While you can call your dog Fluffy or Fang too, we suggest going to the source and calling him Hagrid.
- Lassie – The most loyal dog in movie history.
- Simba – Straight outta The Lion King.
- Toothless – How to train your rottweiler!
Video Game Rottweiler Names
If you’re a gamer, these rottweiler names should appeal to you.
- Drake – A double-meaning name drawn from The Uncharted Series. Drakes are also supposed to be small dragons.
- Zelda – The Legend of Zelda, the rottweiler version.
Space Rottweiler Names
Some of these space rottweiler names would fit in the God rottweiler names section too but we’ve made sure that there’s no overlap.
- Astra – If you have a girl rottweiler. If it’s a boy go for Astro.
- Nova – Another great name that depicts the explosion that your rottweiler is going to be.
- Titan – Titan is Saturn’s most popular moon. It also means big.
Uncommon Rottweiler Names
These are some of the less-used names if you like to be different.
- Bourbon – Choose if your dog is brown in colour.
- Taj – Name him after one of the seven wonders of the world, why don’t you?
Best Rottweiler Names
This section contains some of the most commonly used names for rottweilers. Be safe, be steady.
- Bruno – Bruno is German for brown.
- King – Speaks for itself.
- Raven – Ideal if your rottweiler is black and a female.
Good Rottweiler Names
These are slightly less common but not entirely rare. They’re still good, though.
- Diesel – This name has a certain power to it.
- Ranger – If you are going to teach him tracking and if he’s going to go hiking with you.
Conclusion: Rottweiler Names
There you go. 222 top rottweiler names of 2022.
Go crazy deciding which one you want. If you want our advice, we have two suggestions.
First, it is better to have a short name in the first place than to shorten a long one later.
Second, you need to be comfortable with the name too. Say it in different tones and see how comfortably it comes out of your mouth. If it doesn’t, go for another name.