Sloths are medium-sized mammals that live on treetops almost all their entire life, and they also come in both two and three-toed varieties.
They usually feed on leaves, buds and the tender shoots of various plants. These creatures move so slow that they possess the uncanny capability even to grow moss on their backs.
Sloths are slow in movements, hence the word “sloth” or “slothful” which has biblical meaning of deadly sin of Laziness. The two common varieties of sloth are common in South and Central American Jungles.
Read Also: 80 Creative Biblical Farm Names
Sloths are very cute, and a lot of people would love to keep them as pets. However, before you adopt a sloth as a pet, make sure it is legal in your country to keep one as a pet.
If you decided to adopt a sloth, the next thing would be what to name him/her, right? In this article, we have listed over 100 sloth names you can get ideas from when naming your pet. However, there are a few things you need to know before adopting a sloth.
Some Sloth Facts
- A sloth is a pet that can usually excrete waste about 4-times a month.
- They are considered the slowest land animal on earth
- Their claws are their major means of defense
- They live a solitary life and usually come together when they want to mate
- Sloth gives birth to just an offspring once yearly
- They have a multi-chamber stomach, which is similar to that of cows. This helps them to digest tough feeds (leaves), and this process can take up to a month.
- The sloths are mammals which are known to spend almost their lives on treetops, hanging upside down.
- They relatively sleep on an average of 6 to 8 hours a night
- Sloths are lethargic.
Do Sloths Attack Humans?
Their claws are their primary means of defense, and they have sharp teeth they can use to bite predators or even human to warn them away. Sloths will never go after humans, but they will defend themselves with their sharp claws and teeth if they are bothered or frightened.
Sloths are not predictable at times, however, if you are not ready to get clawed don’t piss off a sloth as they can be aggressive if they feel threatened.
Can Sloths Run If They Need To?
They are not capable of running. Running requires some number of limbs to be off the ground at the same time which sloths doesn’t possess; Sloths limbs cannot support them in an upright position. If a sloth is on the ground and a predator spots it, then it’s in serious trouble.
Read Also: 158 Clever And Funny Chicken Coop Names
Do Sloths Make Good Pets?
In honesty, we will not advise you adopting one as a pet. It is always wrong to get pets when there is every reasonable chance that you won’t be able to meet their needs. Before you consider adopting any exotic animal, you need to ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a Vet closeby? If you do not have a vet closeby or your vet is not willing to put extra time to study how to treat your pet if they are dying – if your answers are no, then pet sloth isn’t for you.
- Can you go on Vacation with your Pet? We are sure there are no boarding facilities for pet sloths. You cannot take your pet with you, as your permit only covers you and your sloth will be confiscated.
- Their feeding. Your pet sloth is likely or will not eat the leaves of your trees. They are browsers, sloths do not eat one big meal, and what they will eat cannot be found in the grocery stores. This will be time-consuming and costly; Sloths needs are too specialized to be easily met when they are in captivity, are you willing to pass through this stress?
However, if you still want to have them as a pet and looking for what to name them; read on as we have listed some of the best pet sloth names for you to choose from when trying to come up with a name.
Cute Sloth Names
Sloths are cute and if you just adopted a pet sloth and looking for a cute name for him/her? Search no more, as we have listed some cute sloth names for you to get ideas from.
Good Sloth Names
Here are some good sloth names ideas we think you will love.
- Mr Sloth
- Mr Lazy
- Mr Slow
Baby Sloth Names
Did you just got yourself a cute baby sloth and thinking of what to name him/her? To make it easy for you, we have listed some cute baby sloth names as ideas and suggestions for you.
- Cotton Candy
Read Also: 381 Good & Funny Duck Names
Funny Sloth Names
Are you trying to call or name your pet slow creative or funny names? Check out a few ideas on some funny sloth names.
- Mr fergus
- Mr Sleep
- Mr Fluffy
- The sleeping Bob
Stuffed Sloth Names
Do you love sloths and maybe due to the legal right in your country, you couldn’t get one, and you opted for the stuffed toys ones? Generally, sloths are not exciting pets to be around kids, and some household pets, which is why opting for stuffed sloths is a good idea. Below are a few stuffed sloth names
Female Sloth Names
The female sloths have the same features as the males; both are slow in movements. If you just got yourself a female sloth and confused on what to call her? Here is a list of girl sloth names you will love.
Male Sloth Names
You just got yourself a pet male sloth and confused on what to name him? Check out our list of boy sloth names you can get ideas from.
Conclusion: Sloth Names
Even though these creatures are not known to attack humans, you must be very careful when handling them; as if they are not comfortable with you or feel threatened they can bite you or use their sharp craws on you.
If you enjoyed our article, why not share it with your friends that might be searching for sloth names to get ideas from when naming their pets sloths.
Read Also: Do Sharks Have Tongues?