Are you looking for pet snake name ideas? Don’t worry; this article has listed over 400 Good and Funny snake names you can use. Generally, snakes are viewed very differently by people all over the world.
A lot of people think of snakes as demonic or evil creatures that have slimy skins and great poisonous fangs. In contrast, some people think of snakes as beautiful, adorable, and docile animals that have an excellent soothing effect on owners.
Snakes have been portrayed as evil in lots of movies and television dramas, because of this, many people have failed to realize that they can make a fantastic pet. Snakes are not slimy at all, and they are low maintenance and odorless. However, when deciding to care for a healthy pet snake, you must accept some level of responsibility.
Are you thinking about adopting a snake for a pet? To a lot of people, snakes are scary, but to some people, they are one of the most interesting creatures on earth.
There are lots of things to consider when trying to decide on the best snake species to have as a pet.
Thing To Consider & Know Before Choosing A Pet Snake.
- Snakes are cold-blooded animals, and this is necessary for them to survive. So, before adopting a pet, you should ensure you are buying the species that best suits you as different exotic reptile pets have different requirements.
- Pet snakes eat thawed rodents; some species may have other requirements. Some snakes species only eat once weekly, but young snakes eat a bit more often. So be on the lookout if you decide to go for a pet snake.
- Snakes will shed their skin once every few months. During this time, they might likely refuse a meal. Do not give them any live food, or the pet snake itself could become the meal
- Get the right size of cage for your pet snake. For instance, if your snake length is 6-feet long, you can go for at least 4-feet long, your snakes will be comfortable in a small cage than its length. However, you can always make the enclosure longer than the snake. Remember to increase the enclosure of your snake cage as your snake grows.
- Keep your snake enclosure humid. They are sensitive to humidity and temperature factors and always make sure their enclosure is kept at the right temperature. Go online to learn the best conditions for your snake breed.
- Always keep fresh water. You always need to check and replace their drinking water to clean water as soon as you notice any sign of pollution in it. This is because snakes soak themselves, especially before shedding, and they also defecate in water, and this can cause contamination in their water.
- Make use of proper bedding in their cage. Using a newspaper is good but can be stressful as it can quickly become soiled, which will demand a frequent change. We will recommend making use of Astroturf; they can be dried, cleaned, and reused several times.
Snakes can live up to 20 years; they will live longer and in good health as long as you learn how to take care of them properly and provide them with basic needs.
What Are The Best Snake Breeds For A Pet?
There are many breeds of snakes, and not all snakes can be brought into your home as a pet. In this article, we have listed five of the best snakes we consider an excellent pet for the lover of snakes.
These breeds only grow between 2 to 3 feet. They are fairly shy, feeding them is easy, they do like live food, but you should feed them frozen mice or rats. If they are not comfortable with you handling them, they can defecate on you.
They are generally docile and friendly. They are great for small areas as they don’t grow huge. Male and female ball pythons will average between 2 to 3 feet long and 3 to 5 feet long, respectively. They can kill prey themselves by constricting and suffocating them, but we recommend you feed them with frozen food instead of the live ones.
They are known to be one of the best pet snakes on earth. They are very hardy and can grow between 3 to 5 feet long. Feeding them is easy, and they will eat frozen mice. For anyone who might not know anything about caring for snakes or beginners, corn snakes are the best bet. They can endure mistakes and rough handling, and this makes them great pets.
They make great pets, even though they are not too popular. They can grow to 3 to 5 feet long. They don’t mind adults and even children handling them. During the winter season, they do hibernate and may not eat during this time of the year. They prefer live food, but it is best to feed them frozen rats or mice.
They are regarded as one of the best pet snakes due to their many different patterns and colors. They are easy to care for and docile. They can grow between 2 and 4 feet long. Kingsnakes are famous for eating poisonous snakes, but they will readily eat frozen rats and mice. They are non-aggressive toward humans.
There are lots of other great pet snakes available. No matter the breed you choose as a pet, careful consideration is vital regarding their housing and feeding. You must do a lot of research about the different species of snakes and which is easy to raise by beginners.
Naming Your Pet Snake
Snakes live a long time; therefore, you will need to choose a unique name for your pet so you both will be happy in lots of years you will be together. You can name your pet based on their personality, color, movie character, or perhaps anything hilarious.
We have listed over 400 names ideas you can choose from when trying to come up with a name for your pet snake.
Famous Snake Names
Do you wish to call your pet snakes one of the famous snake names available which are inspired by movies, and literature books? Here are some famous snake names you can choose from when naming your pet.
- Basil or Basilisk
- Sir Hiss
- Naga or Nagini
Unique Snake Names
Some breeds of snakes are so unique due to their personality and colors. If you just bought a snake and looking for a unique name to name your lovely pet, check below as we have listed some unique snake names you can get ideas from.
Good Snake Names
Here are some good snake names you can choose from when naming your pet snake.
- Cobra Kai
- Naga or Nagini
- Sir Hiss
Female Snake Names
Are you looking for name ideas to call your girl snake and confused about what to name her? Here we have listed some of the best female snake names we believe you will love and choose when naming your female pet.
Male Snake Names
Here is a great list of male snake names you can get ideas from, and you will love them. If you are trying to name your boy snake and you are confused, look below as we have compiled a list of male snake names for you to choose from.
Badass Snake Names
Are you looking for some badass snake names to call your pet? Search no more as we have listed a few of the badass names.
Funny Snake Names
Are you looking to name your pet snake a pun or a funny name? Or probably you are looking for something hilarious? Check out our list of some ideas of funny snake names.
- William Snakespeare
- Severus Snake
- Hissy Elliot
- Slim Jim
Disney Snake Names
If you haven’t decided on what to name your pet snake, then you need to check out our list of name suggestions inspired by Disney movies.
- Arlo (The Good Dinosaur)
- Bing Bong (Inside Out)
- Cubby (Peter Pan)
- Bruno ( Cinderella)
- Baymax (Big Hero 6)
- Eugene (Tangled)
- Flubber (Flubber)
- Dug (Up film)
- Rolly (101 Dalmatians TV series)
- Scar (The Lion King)
- Dingwall (Brave)
- Hopper (A Bug’s Life)
- Darling (Lady and the Tramp)
- Maximus (Tangled)
- Dracula (Hotel Transylvania: The Series)
- Fergus (Brave)
- Koda (Brother Bear)
- Major (Cinderella)
- Grimsby (The Little Mermaid)
- Hercules (Hercules)
- King Louie (The Jungle Book)
- Kaa (The Jungle Book)
- Kevin (Up film)
- Major (Cinderella)
- Merida (Brave)
- Olaf (Frozen)
- Pluto (Mickey Mouse)
- Pinocchio (Pinocchio)
- Rosita (Coco)
- Nemo (Finding Nemo)
- Sully (Monsters, Inc.)
- Zipper (Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers)
- Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
- Carl (Up film)
- Oliver Twist (Oliver Twist)
- Mickey (Mickey mouse)
- Chernabog (Fantasia)
Yellow Snake Names
If you are lucky enough to adopt a yellow snake as a pet and naming it is challenging. Look below for our list of yellow snake names you can get ideas from if you have a yellow snake.
- Ginger Spice
- Mary Jane
Cool Snake Names
Here are some cool snake names we believe you will love.
Kill Bill Snake Names
Here are some kill bill snake names you can get ideas from, that will make a perfect name for your pet.
- Charlie Brown
- Sofie Fatale
- Vernita Green
Cute Snake Names
Here are a few cute snake names you can choose from when trying to name your pet snake. Snakes are adorable creatures and so giving them a cute name will be nice.
1. What Is The Latin Name For A Snake
It is called Serpentes
2. What Are Some Snakes Names?
Here are some lists of snakes by common names. They are Prairie Kingsnake, California Kingsnake, Scarlet Kingsnake, and so on.
3. What Are Some Cool Snake Names?
Some cool snake names are Jafaar, Pascal, Mojo, and so on.
4. Can Snakes Learn Their Names?
Your pet snake can actually recognize their names when called. Pet snakes can hear you talking to them. The peak sensitivity of snakes hearing a sound is between 200 to 300 Hz range and human an average of approximately 250 Hz.
Conclusion: Pet Snake Names
Your responsibility doesn’t end when you have chosen the perfect name, you need to be familiar with the behavioral characteristics, and appropriate care and feeding, and what it takes to keep this exotic pet.
We hope you enjoyed our article and you were able to find the perfect name for your pet. If you did…Why not share this post with your friends.